May 17, 2012

A musical improvement is coming for CI users!

I am nowhere near musically inclined. Actually, I couldn't carry a tune if my life depended on it, but I do enjoy music and was sad when I first read that cochlear implant users don't have the ability to hear music like we do. Since then I've read stories from so many CI users that DO enjoy music, both those who lost their hearing at some point and those who were born deaf. But I read something today that made me so happy! There is a new program currently in testing stages that will change the musical world for CI users. Granted, it takes awhile for things to be approved by the FDA, especially for pediatric use. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think that HiRes 120 is even approved yet for pediatrics. Someday, though, there will be potential for Audrena to hear music the way we hear it. Randy and I are constantly amazed at the technology that is packed into such a little device!

Check out this link for the story. http://cochlearimplanthelp.com/2012/05/16/a-musical-odyssey/

For now we will just continue to pray that everything goes well at our pre-op appointments and during the surgeries. I cannot wait for our baby girl to hear Daddy tell her, "I love you."

No comments:

Post a Comment